How to get income online in 2023?
All industries across the globe have been affected by substantial work-related changes, which have seen an increasing number of employees working remotely. What employers didn’t expect, however, were the consequences of these changes.
Many companies have made arrangements to accommodate their employees’ needs to increase retention rates by sticking to a work-from-home routine or a hybrid: a part-home part-office setting. On the other hand, others have pushed for a general return to the office. In this instance, many of those who have adjusted well to working from home have made the courageous decision to leave their stable and office-bound jobs for a more independent and unpredictable career.
A renewed awareness of the importance of a work-life balance coupled with fast technological advancements have helped a new generation of online workers to venture in the business world on their own. Would you like to join them but don’t know where to start? Let’s have a look at a few ideas and see if they inspire you.
- Have you ever thought about buying and selling domain names? You might already know that a domain name is a website address, often ending in .com, .org, or .net, and they can also be specific to individual countries, like .it (Italy), .es (Spain), .co.uk (the UK); but did you know that you could make money with domain names trading? The trick is to find which ones have some commercial value. Start by buying domain names for $0.99 and then sell them for more.
- If you are looking for an easy way to make some extra cash in your free time, you can’t go wrong with online surveys. Just fill out a few forms answering questions about products and services you are familiar with and get paid for it either in money or vouchers. It really is as simple as that.
- Do you enjoy writing? Are you passionate and knowledgeable about a specific topic? Can you charm and engage your audience with the power of your words? Then, blogging could offer you the opportunity to make money promoting products and services while writing about what interests you the most.
- Freelance writing is a great option if you love writing about a wide range of topics but you don’t want the hassle of running your own blog. Writing for others can be extremely rewarding and enjoyable and it has the potential of becoming a full-time career.
- Alternatively, you could combine the flexibility of working remotely without losing human interaction. Does it sound impossible? Think again. If you have patience, good time-management, and subject-specific knowledge, you could work as an online tutor. There are many online schools that use their own platforms to provide lessons on a range of subjects to learners worldwide.
Meet your potential employers
The online teaching/learning sector is currently booming, so why not take advantage of it? Online teaching allows you to work from the comfort of your own home or to teach overseas while travelling abroad.
There is a wide selection of well-established online schools that are looking for individuals with a passion for teaching just like you. Each of these schools offer different perks and have different requirements, so remember to do some research to find the best option to suit your needs.
Here is a selection of online schools organised per subjects:
- If you want a gentle introduction in the world of teaching English, try Cambly. They specialise in conversational English, offering group and one-to-one lessons to adults and young learners.
- If your passion is South-East Asia, working with Topica Native you will teach English to learners from countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
- If you are proficient in a language other than (or as well as) English and think you can teach it, Italki gives you the option to do just that. You can work as a community tutor, offering conversation classes, or as a professional teacher, delivering more structured lessons.
- With Lingoda, as with Italki, you can teach English or other languages. They provide their teachers with ready-made lessons and teaching materials to teach a wide range of European students. They welcome new teachers and offer plenty of professional support.
- If you are an expert on different subjects other than languages, you could work with LatinHire. The name is a giveaway – you’ll be teaching subjects like Chemistry and Maths to learners from South American countries.
The tools of the trade
Working online means that your equipment is vital to your business. Although you need to choose your tech carefully, there’s no need to spend a fortune on it – chances are that you already have what you need to get you started!
A PC/laptop with plenty of memory storage and a built-in mic and camera are all you need. You can always upgrade your equipment further down the line. However, investing in a good quality headset is crucial if you are teaching while travelling. You don’t know how noisy your next accommodation might be and you want to keep that pesky background noise to a minimum. Remember to check the speed and reliability of the internet connection of where you’re going to stay before you book!
Set up an area dedicated to your screen time. A well-lit room with a plain background would be ideal. Think about hanging some lesson-related props behind you: they would be great conversation starters.
Earn online – How to get income online in 2023?
Whether you are looking for a new full-time career or a source of extra income, there are a wide range of online career options available. It’s important to understand what your skills and interests are and find the right path for you.
How to get income online?