How to Generate a Free QR Code?
Finding the best QR code creator is time-consuming and tedious. There are hundreds of QR code generators, each with dozens of features and various interfaces. Some are free; some aren’t. Some have easier-to-use interfaces than others. And if you decide to go for paid solutions, how do you know it will be worth it?
With a free online QR code generator, you get unlimited QR codes – including fully editable ones, the ability to share codes with friends via social media, etc. Read on to learn everything you need to know about QR codes and how to generate a free QR code.
What’s a QR Code?
A QR code is a barcode that can be scanned using a smartphone, tablet, and some desktop computers with camera capabilities. It contains information like the name of a product, its price, and even a link to the website where you can buy it.
You can use this information to scan the code with your phone and then go to that website or buy the product from there.
What you hope to accomplish with QR codes will determine how you use them. Using the URL QR code to send people to your website is brilliant. Also, if expanding your social media fan base is a top priority, you should embed a social media QR code. Use a wide range of QR codes as they complement each other.
You can generate a URL or text link as your QR code or create a contact card with your name, email address, and phone number.
After selecting content, you will be taken to another page where you can choose a design for your code. There are many pre-designed templates available on the site, and you can also upload your image if desired (make sure it is sized correctly).
Once the information has been added, click the “Generate Code” button and wait for it to load.
Test QR Code
You need to use a QR code scanner to test your QR code. You can download one from the app store on your phone or search for one online. Once you’ve downloaded the application, open it up and point your camera to the QR code you want to test. If everything is set up correctly, you should see some information about the QR code on the screen.
Downloading directly from the website will give you an SVG, png, or pdf format and print off unlimited QR codes.
QR Codes Benefits
QRCodes are used widely in various industries. QR codes are mainly used for marketing and advertising but can also track and monitor products and assets.
- Reliable: A QR code is reliable because it can hold more information than any other type of 2D barcode. The amount of data stored in a QR code varies from one version to the next, but it is 7,089, which is quite large compared to other 2D barcodes.
- Trackable: You can track whether customers have scanned a code, clicked through from it, or even added your brand as a contact on their phone. It helps you understand what works best when using QR codes for marketing purposes.
- It’s Dynamic: QR codes have become one of the most popular forms of mobile marketing. By combining text and images on the screen, marketers can create an interactive consumer experience that keeps them interested in their brand for extended periods.
- Can be Edited – Unlike barcodes, QR codes can be edited anytime. If you want to change the content of your code, you don’t need to reprint it. You can edit the code in its entirety and distribute it again.
- Easy To Share – A QR code is easy to share because you only need a camera phone and internet access. However, it’s important to note that mobile phones with cameras must have a built-in reader or app to read the QR code. If someone without this technology tries to scan your code, they won’t see anything on their screen except for gibberish symbols.
- No Barriers – Anybody with a camera, phone, and internet access can scan your code without any barriers to entry, such as age restrictions or location restrictions like other forms of marketing may have due to their cost or legality in certain countries (ex: alcohol advertising).
With the advances in smartphone technology, using a QR code has never been easier. With a simple download to your smartphone and a camera click, you’re ready to go. If you want to add a QR code to your photo or business card and don’t want to pay for one, you can generate one with an online generator. These services allow you to customize your QR code to match your brand, and they won’t charge you anything.
Where to Get Free or Lower-Cost STI Testing Near You
How to Generate a Free QR Code?