How do I know my debit card account number?
How do I know my debit card account number?
For reasons of security, Debit Card is internally linked within the banking system to your account number.
It will NOT be printed on a debit card. You need to refer your checkbook to get your account number, which is printed on every page.
Moreover, you hold a debit card, should be knowing your bank & account details, unless one is intended to do some mischief of misusing the information, beware that banking systems have enough security measures to catch of any misuse, which will be treated as a criminal offense.
So use your debit card or secure it properly.
Here is How do I know my debit card account number?
I am wondering that what you want to know about your bank account no. or Debit card number. Actually your question lacks the main aim.
In fact, there is nothing like Debit card account number, so here are two chances
- A) You want to know your Debit card Number
- B) You want to know your Bank Account Number
A) How to know your Debit card Number:
So if you want to know your debit card number (debit card no.) here is a complete step by step guide to know your debit card no.
- Get your debit card physical or soft copy (Screenshots/images).
- Look at your front side of debit card (whatever company Visa, MasterCard, Rupay, etc.)
- You will see A 16 digit number printed or written on starting from the left side. It is easily identifiable many times highlighted in a different color, size, etc.
- This is your 16 digit Debit card number it will be upon valid through, expiry and your Name.
B) How to know your Bank Account Number
Your Bank account no. is a unique account no. given by your bank. Sometimes account number is shown below your name on the card.
The other ways to find your bank account number given below:
- Login to your Internet banking and find your bank account number here, you can also find your branch code/IFSC code and MICR code here.
- Call your Bank’s customer care officer to authenticate yourself and they will tell you.
- Download your monthly banking statement sent on your registered email with the account, this downloaded document sometimes as PDF may ask you to enter the password. After entering the right password you can find account number, IFSC code, rewards point, etc.
- If you have your checkbook then you can find your bank account number on check at the bottom.
I am assuming you want to know your bank account number and not the debit card number. Debit card number and bank account number are two different things.
The account number never changes (unless you change the account type) but debit card number may change depending on how frequently you get your debit card replaced/upgraded. You are confusing yourself by calling it a debit card account number.
The debit card number is usually mentioned on the front of the card itself. It is a 16-digit number either embossed or printed on the card. It is this number that is used for online purchases.
Bank account number or simply account number is the unique ID given to your account by the bank. Some debit cards mention the account number on the debit card itself below your name.
If your account number is not mentioned there are other ways to get the number.
- You can log in to your Online banking account and locate your account number somewhere on the welcome page itself.
- You can also call up customer support and ask them for the bank account number by authenticating yourself.
- Walk to the nearest ATM and use the debit card to print your bank statement. Again, for most banks, it would be mentioned in the statement.
- If you have registered for mobile banking, you can log in to your account and look for your account details.
- Your account number is mentioned on your checks if you have them.
- Your account number is also displayed on your statements that you receive by email.
Turn your debit card over and find a phone number there. Call that number and wait for a real person to come on the line – you might get a phone tree that takes you there in anything from 3 to 15 button pushes, but you should be able to reach an actual person.
When that person asks you want you to want, tell them that you want to get your account number. They will tell you what they need from you in order to do that.
Firstly, you can have a debit card number and not the debit card account amount.
You are assigned a debit card for a designated account with a bank.
The debit card number is the 16-digit number embossed or printed on the card.
The bank account number is your unique identification number assigned to your account just like you have a name for yourself.
Your account number remains constant unless you change the account type say from savings account to current account. And debit card number can change as and when you change or upgrade your debit card.
The easiest way to find your account number is on your cheque leaflets and bank account statements.
Alternatively, you can either log in to your online banking account or mobile baking app to locate the account number.
You can also approach the customer care service to confirm your account number by calling them from the registered mobile number.