11 Amazing Benefits Of Noni Juice
11 Amazing Benefits Of Noni Juice
Noni juice is derived from the fruit of a tropical evergreen plant known as Noni (Indian mulberry). It is a native of southern and southeast Asia and the Pacific islands and is also mentioned in ancient Ayurvedic texts.
Dr. of Fortis Hospital “Noni fruit has been used medicinally to enhance the immune system and detoxify the body for thousands of years,” says Manoj’s Ahuja.
It is rich in powerful antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B3 (niacin), and iron. Baltimore-based pediatrician Drs. Mona Harrison, MD, says, “I have a wide variety of patients who have benefited from Noni juice, and it seems to many people that something magical is happening because it affects a lot of physical systems”.
Australian model Miranda Kerr has been drinking Tahitian Noni juice for 14 years now and it is something she cannot live without, especially when she is a long day ahead of him. “This is great not only for your skin but also for your general well-being”.
Here are 10 health benefits of Noni juice, and why it’s good for you:
- Treats Arthritis: Dr. Ahuja of Fortis Hospital says, “The main complaint from patients who suffer from arthritis is pain. Various studies suggest that Noni juice helps alleviate pain and reduce joint destruction implicated in arthritis due to its analgesic properties”. If you lead a healthy lifestyle and drink Noni juice daily, you can reduce arthritis pain to the minimum.
- Lowers Risk of Gout: Gout is a kind of arthritis that is caused by the buildup of uric acid crystals in the joints. Dr. Anshul Bhatnagar of Batra Hospital says, “Studies have shown that Noni juice can reduce uric acid concentration in the blood, thereby lowering the risk of gout.”
- Boosts Energy: “For thousands of years, Noni juice has been used to combat general body weakness, boost energy levels and improve the overall physical performance of the body”, says Dr. Ashutosh Gautam, Clinical Operations and Coordination Manager at Baidyanath.
- Moisturises Skin: Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Dermatologist says, “Noni juice is a powerhouse of antioxidants and works as a great moisturizer if applied on the skin”. It naturally replenishes and repairs your skin. So, forget about those dry, patchy skin and say hello to healthy hydrated skin.
- Fights Aging: Want skin like Miranda Kerr? Noni juice is packed with Vitamin C and selenium, which helps fight free radicals, preserve skin elasticity, and reverse the adverse effects of aging. It is important to take care of your skin and keep it healthy and young.
- Treats Scalp Irritation: Dr. Reema Arora, Delhi-based Dermatologist says, “While there is not much medical literature on Noni juice, we can say it has several benefits from conventional wisdom since it is derived from the noni fruit. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties, and can thus help treat scalp irritation.”
- Prevents Cancer: “Noni juice contains a whole slew of cancer-fighting nutrients,” says Dr. Bhatnagar. According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, “Noni has shown immune-stimulating and tumor-fighting properties. The National Cancer Institute is funding preliminary research on Noni for breast cancer prevention and treatment.”
- Boosts Immunity: “Strengthened immune system is yet another benefit of noni juice,” adds Dr. Ahuja. Scopoletin present in noni juice possesses anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and anti-histamine properties that boost the immune defense mechanism of the body.
- Reduces Stress: According to Clinical Nutritionist Byron J. Richards, “Noni juice helps manage stress and reduces the impact of stress on cognitive function.” But, only noni juice cannot give you the desired results. You must practice yoga or meditate along with your daily dosage of noni juice.
- Treats Fever: Studies suggest that Noni juice has antiviral properties and helps get rid of cough, fever, and body ache. It is important to “take a shot of noni juice on a daily basis to reap the benefits. It is best consumed in small quantities,” suggests Dr. Anshul Bhatnagar.
Noni juice has a pungent smell, one that’s not easy to describe. So take a shot and chase it with pineapple juice or something strong to mask the flavor.
What are noni juice and its health benefits
- Lowers risk of gout. Caused by the build-up of uric acid crystals in the joints, gout is a kind of arthritis that causes joint pain. …
- It improves skin quality. …
- Good for people suffering from arthritis. …
- Anti-aging. …
- Prevents cancer. …
- Reduces stress. …
- Boosts immunity. …
- Treats fever.
Amazing Benefits Of Noni Juice